Through the years, God has been faithful in bringing the right people to the ITEC team at the right time.
ITEC volunteers make up a majority of our staff. If you are in a season of life that gives freedom in finances and time and feel a call to serve at ITEC, we are happy to start a discussion with you. In all things, we desire to be sensitive to God’s leading first and foremost. Applying to work with the team, talking with our staff over the phone, and visiting our facility are common parts of the process to volunteer. Most people that volunteer with us already live locally, but please don’t let this stop you from starting a conversation with us if you are feeling led.
Our main priority is following the Lord’s leading. We are open to starting a discussion with those that are feeling a led to work in ministry and specifically feel a call to ITEC. This journey, however, can be a long process that lasts for at least a year, if not more. Submitting an application, talking with our staff, sharing God’s leading in your life, visiting us in Florida for a week, support raising, and moving can take a substantial amount of time. But we believe that each step creates an opportunity to God to reveal both to our team and to you if this is the right fit.
Training Trip Volunteers
We take many trips to train and equip indigenous Christ-followers abroad. Many professionals join us as volunteers, assistant instructors, and apprentice instructors interested in learning how we train. If you are a medical, dental, eyesight, film, small engine, or farming professional interested in traveling with us, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page. This is a great way for us to get to know you better, so please fill out the form with as many details as possible. Volunteers who travel with us pay for their airfare and in-country expenses.
These are areas where we have current needs. Please click on the title below to learn more about the opportunity.
Information Technology Specialist
ITEC is currently seeking an information technology specialist. The ideal candidate is seasoned IT professional who is mission minded and a passionate follower of Christ.
While we know the IT field is diverse with people specializing in specific disciplines of IT. This is not what we are seeking. ITEC is a dynamic and growing workplace filled with unique opportunities for an IT individual who would be equally comfortable improving our network infrastructure and doing end-user support in the same day. This unique individual would be equal parts technician and people-person. Most people at ITEC are Apple users, although there are a handful of PCs. So, the ideal candidate will be comfortable supporting both platforms
Some Big Upcoming Projects:
- Modernizing, streamlining, upgrading, and organizing our internal network infrastructure.
- Maintaining our Office 365/Exchange for non profit account
- Managing network storage, planning redundancy and backup for files stored there.
- Inventorying equipment, creating schedules for upgrades for both issued computers and network infrastructure.
- Develop a plan for redundancy, backup, and security for the staff.
Job Expectations and Skills
- Knowledge and experience in network set-up and management.
- Comfortable supporting both Mac and PCs.
- End user support for the entire organization.
- Manage and organize internet IT accounts.
- Manage relationships with phone, internet, and other service providers to our facility.
Qualifications and Personality
- Team player, flexible, and personable.
- Comfortable teaching, shepherding, and training others in all things technology.
- Microsoft Office and Apple Productivity Sweet Savvy.
- Comfortable making proposals and budgets for upcoming projects.
- Self-starter on projects, not waiting for someone to tell you what to do.
- Ideally has 5+ years experience in both network management and end user support.
- Desires to use IT to support Great Commission participation, maybe even exploring how IT can be used as a ministry tool in the future.
The ideal candidate is more interested in using their God-given skills, talents, and abilities to glorify Him. While they can expect adequate compensation, the salary will likely be below comparable IT roles. This is the reality for all staff at ITEC, from a Doctor to a facilities maintenance worker, we are here because God has led us here-not for a paycheck.
The ideal candidate is willing and able to relocate to central-Florida. This role will be best facilitated from our headquarters in Dunnellon.
If you are interested, please fill out the team application below.
The Media Director at ITEC reports to the Executive Director and manages a current team of one full time staff member and one volunteer. We could envision this team expanding. They would also serve on a cross-functional team with other department directors.
The Media team works together to brainstorm, create, and release digital content on behalf of the organization. This person must have a background in digital media. Familiarity in video creation, social media, web design will ideally be paired with a strategic mindset.
This person would play a key role in ensuring all areas of media fall within the mission and vision of ITEC. In addition to external content, they would also support other teams in unifying the brand look and feel.
The ideal candidate would have 10 years of experience in this field, and at least 2 years of experience managing a team. They should value and prioritize communication, unifying the team, and understand the importance of facilitating and participating in our dynamic culture. While not required, some experience at a non-profit organization and a missions background are a plus.
As a member of a small team, this person would also be a contributing part of the team, not just managing. While not required, would be a bonus if this person is familiar with website management and graphic design.
- Mission Minded individual passionate about inspiring Great Commission Participation
- Collaboration minded, excellent communicator, servant heart
- Comfortable with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office and the Apple Productivity Suite
- Desire to write both scripts and short blog articles.
- Ability to manage volunteers and members of the team with different employment statuses.
- Strategic thinker, comfortable with audience analysis, and prioritizing informed decisions.
Nice to Haves:
- Experienced with managing a WordPress website, designing pages, and publishing posts
- Comfortable managing a web host
- Familiarity or history working with video production, editing in Final Cut Pro, or similar software.
- Familiarity with social media, scheduling posts, and strategy.
- Experience with SalesForce a plus
The culture of ITEC is unique. To preserve that, qualified applicants will be invited to spend at ITEC to meet the team and shadow a week. Typically, full-time staff is asked to raise a percentage of their support before joining the team. We don’t spend too much time discussing compensation like a traditional jobs during the initial application phase, because this is not a traditional job. If the Lord is leading you to apply for this position, we welcome it! We’ll discuss what life looks like, financials, and other things when the time is right.
If you are interested, please fill out the team application below.
Take The First Step
This is the start of a dialogue, not a one-and-done application. Please be as specific and detailed as you can in your application. We’re excited to get to know you a little better!
Team Application (Full-time Volunteer)
Fill out this form if you feel God leading you to join the team in a volunteer or full-time capacity. Whether you match a current need listed above or not, we would love to get to know you and how God is working in your life.
This is a form to fill out if you are a dentist, medical professional, film professional, small engine technician, or farmer interested in joining our team on a trip to learn and assist in training. Please know that trip volunteers pay their airfare and in-country expenses.